View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 05:53 PM
justme

I have really enjoyed each and everyone one of your replies!

I have always sewn, crocheted, needle punched and have enjoyed many crafts but needed something new and challenging. I have always wanted to quilt. I always wondered how in the heck they made all those triangles etc... Looking at all the rulers. cutters, mats, and everything else that goes along with quilting felt quite intimadating, it was all so very confusing, just didn't know where to start. Finally an aquaintance of mine was taking a class with her daughter and I asked her just to get me started, and the rest is hisory. I have been quilting for three years now. After I started a very dear friend of mine started also. We have shared many hours fondling our fabrics. drawing up patterns, making quilts for our children and grandchildren and friends. We shared vacations and always made sure there was a quilt shop or two along the way... many hours of happiness and sharing. . She is no longer with me but each time I quilt or look at fabric, I smile and remember the many happy memories that this craft has brought to me.
Quilting continues to draw me in, always amazed by the beauties that everyone here shares and I hope that one day I will be an accomplished quilter as many of you are here.

Thank you all for inspirations and kindness.
Eddie thank you for starting this post~