View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by Crqltr
My guess would be that she thinks a grieving widow with life Ins money is a easy mark. Good for you for being smart and wise. Sorry for your loss, it is hard to believe some one could be so heartless and insensitive at this time.
Not to be negative, but how many others may she have done this to? Funny how people can change character to get what they want and need. (Worked with plenty of those people over the years.) Your story reminds me of the people that check the obituaries then go after the families to get items in the house, or to buy whole house contents and then sell for a profit. Before the grieving process has begun. I know. Happened to us and my DH's mother when she passed. So many came after us wanting this or that that they knew she had in her home. One group of them were waiting for us as we got off the elevator the day she passed. Fighting over this and that. Right down to the blinds on the windows. Pathetic. Another instance for a well-off elderly couple selling their house and others went after the paintings and silver. And long lost nieces and nephews asking for handouts because times are tough. Sad but true.
I hope she is no longer your mortgage broker. Check public records and check background history before contacting for assistance. Just like they do for us.