View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 AM
SherriB

We had a house fire when I was young. My Dad was working in the garage and left a tool plugged in. He came inside to help Mom finish putting down new linoleum tile in the kitchen. We kept smelling and odor and thought it was the tiles. Daddy opened the door to the garage from the kitchen and saw the flames. He made us all run and he called the fire dept.

We only had a volunteer fire dept. and luckily they were all there that day. Our garage was severely damaged. We lost everything in attic above the garage also. The inside of our home had smoke damage, mostly the living room. We were so blessed that we didn't loose our home.

From that day on, Momma was extremely careful to not leave anything other than the stove and refrigerator plugged up.
I need to be more diligent in keeping things unplugged. In recent years, I will admit to have gotten lazy about unplugging things. But I am going to start being way more careful again. I never leave the iron plugged up when not it use. That is one thing I don't trust.