View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
jacquemoe

Let me see. I'm older and retired now. I've always loved the look and feel of quilts so I thought I'd give it a try many years ago. I may have made 4-8 quilts (not too bad but didn't really know what I was doing) over a long period of time while I was working and had kids at home. After retiring, I wanted to try again. I was doing a little better and only made 2-3 a year, and had kept trying with a little more difficult patterns than I was used to. I wasn't feeling creative enough.
DH retired before I did, then my daughter had a baby. It seemed that all I was doing was cooking, cleaning, etc. and baby-sitting. DH decided that I should have a longarm because I had been looking at them for years. I think he made that decision out of self preservation. He's had a hobby all his life. Before his retirement, he worked out of town a lot so I was rather used to some alone time after the kids left. Then, there we were stuck with one another 24/7. Not and easy transition :evil: He could see how frustrated I was with nothing to do but (sorry for saying this) but "woman's work". He saved his life an my sanity :twisted: