View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:08 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by annesthreads
Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
What model Janome do you have? I have the 6600 and have no problem with the King Tut threads, or even Aurifil 28 wt!! I have also had no problem getting a heavier Connecting Threads Essential through the tension discs (but stopped using that thread because of all the fuzz it creates down in the needle and bobbin area!).

I suspect your discs might need to be cleaned. Perhaps you were using a thread with a lot of fluff, and the fluff is now embedded in the discs??

King Tut is a great thread, and IMO not too "thick" to get through the tension discs.
Mine's a Janome 4800. I've just had it serviced to check the tension discs, but this problem continues. Similarly, my "new" 201 had been thoroughly cleaned and serviced. I'm relieved to hear that the 6600 is OK with King Tut, as I'm hoping that one happy day, if I ever find the money, I'll have one of those!
The fact that you're having the same problem with two machines and one of them a 201 really says it's something you're doing or not doing. A 201 will sew with anything as long as the needle eye is big enough for it. King Tut is not a thick thread. All the King Tut I have is 40/3 which is barely thicker than a regular 50 piecing thread.