Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Thought I would introduce you to my newest "lost cause" project. She is a Singer Fiddleback Model 12 and what is left of her cabinet. She was listed on Craigslist and after bugging her lister for a couple of months he finally came off his price to where I would buy her. I could see in his pictures that she had a shuttle, and he confirmed there was a bobbin in it. It all turned, so that was good. She has been living outside under the edge of a shed, enduring all the weather that Texas can dish out, for the past 10 years. I couldn't leave her there, so I finally got her not too long ago. She is in various states of restoration right now, but here she is when I got her. She will have to be a repaint, but I have no choice.
Her shuttle had a broken and missing tension piece, so I AM LOOKING FOR A SHUTTLE!! Does anyone have one????? Her Serial number is 4393512 dating her back to about 1881.

Texas Jan

Jan, Your machine looks like it will clean up nice. But, Hubby said you don't really want her do you! You can send her to him because he has a MOP fiddle base 12K hand crank that needs a base she just sets in her bottom part of her orginial base. Here is a picture of his pride and joy.

Very pretty fiddle base 12K.