View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Canada Kate

Wow, you are so lucky! I look at the bargains you guys get in the States and it makes me jelous. Just this morning I ordered 13 yards of fabric from fabric.com and the total came to $76. U.S. with shipping and I think that's a great deal. Standard price of a metre of fabric at Fabricland here is $10. There are sales, of course, but they don't have the variety that your U.S. online sites have. Wal-Mart here used to sell fabric but stopped several years ago. We don't have Joanne's, but we do have Michaels, although they don't sell fabric. (I'm also a scrapbooker, so I am totally into their one item at 40% or 50% off. I'm in there every week practically.)

I figured that today I spent $5.80 per yard and for me, that's a good price. I read another post here recently where an American was about to place an online order but stopped when she realized there would be a shipping charge of $10. I wish! Fabric.com gives you free shipping in the U.S. for an order of $40 or more. That's awesome!

We do have lots of quilting stores but their fabric is very expensive - $15/metre and up (mind you, they have much more choice).