View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 PM
omak

well! Finally! A group of control freaks I can have some fun with! LOL
I have control issues, and whenever I am working with someone else, I explain that it is about the only self-discipline I ever consistently practice, and I am not sure I should give it up! <g>
ANyway, one of my sewing buddies (we sew together once a week, every week, for five or more hours at a time) is a very relaxed person who makes MARVELOUS scrappy quilts ... they are just beautiful!
SO, of course! She wants to heal me!
After many weeks, we were going through different kits we had laying around the Post (the product of a control issue person cutting the same pieces for HOURS on end, with no real urge to stop - - are you getting the picture? LOL)
I finally grabbed a kit which was a friendship star, with ribbons running together .. at least, that is the basic plan. I made up my mind that I was ABSOLUTELY going to grab a HST and put it together with the next piece and NOT think about what any of it was .... I went so far as to throw every HST on to the table, and absolutely unmatch them!
Got the kit home, and DD came and asked me if I had a quilt already cut out so she and grandboy could do some sewing over summer vacation ...
and, the FIRST thing she did was start SORTING all the HST back into the original, MATCHING HST ... :shock: :shock: :shock:
she seems like such a relaxed little thing, you know? but ... I guess she isn't ...
as I grit my teeth and say: SOME DAY I WILL MAKE A SCRAPPY QUILT!

LOL ... I think it is because so often, we pick up a book saying: Use all your scraps ....
and the pictures they show are so planned, I hurt!
maybe our scrappy expectations aren't the reality? LOL