Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 AM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by sandpat
Terri...a little cat hair will be just fine...afterall, I have 4 in the house! My quilts all have that wonderful cat hair "patina". Could it be that Monique just has great taste? I don't blame her for wanting to be near that beauty...and its mine!!! :lol: :lol:
I couldn't believe her! She started "digging" at it like she was trying to make it more comfy to lay down on. She DID NOT like it when I grabbed her, told her NO! and tossed her on the couch. She jumped right back on it!
You will be glad to know that I have the fabric for your border. I stood in Ben Franklins for about an hour deliberating over what to do and what fabric to use. The ladies there LOVE it! They said I did a great job on it. lol I told them, thank you...but NONE of the work on it is mine yet. They are VERY impressed with the applique on it and had to check out EVERY flower that Elle put on it. That amazed them all!
So, giving them my ideas, drawing it out on paper to show them what I was talking about, they all agreed that it has to be something simple or "the eye" would be drawn away from the "theme" of the top. So, I am going to go with my original thought. I have THE PERFECT fabric...had to buy ALL of it because I wanted to make sure I had enough. There was only 4 yards of it, so I willl have to cut it on the length instead of the width, which is much better for me.....NO SEAMS in the middle of the border! :) :)