Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 AM
GiGi

BarnBum: I purchased my Janome Memory Craft 6600 first at appx. $1800.00 and then I purchased my Janome five (5) overlock Janome Serger for appx. $1200.00. HOWEVER, my dealer offers six (6) months same as cash. Therefore, I bought each one separately and paid them off within the six months, no interest that way.

I would not trade either machine for another brand. I tried several BEFORE I purchased Janome. The 6600 does everything including fancy stitches and names etc. My serger overlocks, rolls hems and many more options. I don't need anything else to make whatever I want. Both will quilt, make clothes, aprons, wallhangings, etc. I have not had any problems with either. The thing I had to get used to is you use plastic bobbins, NOT metal! It does not feed the bobbin well with metal because it has a magnet in the cylinder for it's mechanism.

I don't regret either purchase. BOTH machines will last me a lifetime. The 6600 has a very long arm for quilting, no worries there. It comes with MANY different feet with three (3) different modes for different stitches. As you can see, it is a joy to sew with both. Hope this has helped. Besides, your worth it!!!!!! We, as women, don't think we deserve the best. HOWEVER, we do. We do so much for everyone else, we don't take time for ourselves.

I related the expense to my husband the same as his tractor. His tractor wasn't inexpensive and he uses it appx. 7 - 8 months a year. My sewing machine was less expensive and I use it 12 months a year. It's all in the presentation.

GO FOR IT, YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

If you need anymore information, please do not hesitate to ask. GiGi