View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 AM
pittsburgpam

I've been going through every room in my house and cleaning out junk and clutter (might have to move). I'm down to my sewing room and I hardly know where to start.

I tend to buy fabrics by collection. I see one I really like, decide on a quilt pattern (or design one) and buy all the fabrics for it. Not always though, sometimes I just love a collection and buy an assortment that I estimate will make a basic quilt and then later I figure out how to use it.

Then of course there are the fat quarter bundles, the jelly rolls (and very often a few yards of one or more of the fabrics for borders or repeating elements). Anyway, you get the picture.

How am I going to organize all that? It looks pretty messy having JRs and FQs together with yardage but I don't want to seperate them because then I might forget that I have yardage that goes with something! Is the solution to put everything in plastic bins on the shelves?

I also have others that are just yardage, like the 60 different 1-yard cuts of batiks :-D And what about the scraps from finished quilts that I want to keep? Do those by color?

Help me get rid of the chaos!