View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:17 AM
huntannette

I serge all my edges before i wash my fabric, i serge around the cut out pieces before I assemble the clothes i make...makes for such a wonderfull finish....i serge around my quilts when thy are done and just waiting for binding....sometimes the bindings wait quite a while...lol..i serge around nice fleece and flannel to make receiving blankets for babies.....i use mine all the time.....oh yeah and made a lot of T-shirts and sweat-shirts over the years...as well as pjs....i serge the bottom of pants or skirts/dresses before i hem them...
Originally Posted by RedThread
I took the leap and bought a serger this weekend. I just wanted one for a long time and I've been good, so I finally did it. I had a couple projects in mind that needed the overlock feature, but I know many of you have probably used yours for things that are way more creative.

So, I am hoping you will help me out, for the times when my husband asks, "Now what did you need that for", and post ideas for how you got your monies worth. Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks for the help.