View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:41 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

since it is a large investment i think you should try out all of the different ones you are interested in and choose the one YOU LIKE...just because i love my machine does not mean you would like it at all-
and you may find one you love that i would find horrible to use---we are all different- and you should look at it like buying a car- don't buy the first one you test drive---test drive as many as you can find- then research
is there local tech support/service- how far will you have to go (and are willing to go) if not local-
how's customer service? if you choose one that is local you will recieve free owners classes to learn all it's features- if you order long-distance you may not have that option- will customer/tech support talk you through problems over the phone? are they friendly, knowledgable- and willing?
i have a HandiQuilter long arm- they are in Utah- I am in Michigan---they have helped me a number of times over the phone over the years- i love my machine- and have been very happy with customer service---i do wish there was a local shop sometimes though---i've had to learn and deal with issues long distance from the beginning...i should have checked a few more things before making the purchase.