Old 02-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Suz

Janie,

Yes, I have done Grandma's County Album II and mine too is a scrappy quilt. All of my backgrounds are different. I have also done the centers of two others of his designs. One is "Wilson Canyon Thistle Rose" from 2003. The other is like a "Tree of Life" with identical long-tailed birds. Robert has a design called "tree of life", but the one I did is different. I probably did it in 2001.

When I start a scrappy, I pull everything that I think will go into the project. Could be 40-50 fabrics. I use Xerox box lids. Everything used then comes from this stash. Just stack your fabrics up and then back off looking for anything that does not seem to fit. Don't attempt to be too "matchy-matchy". If something looks good for a particular block, just go for it. Remember the pieces are pretty small. Nothing is put back on the shelves until the entire project is done. -- This could take a year.

I am particularly pleased with the outside border. It has 196 flying geese in it. Whew!!! but they look great.

One more thing. I know I have seen this advertised in the past year, but could not find same in the issues of McCall's that I checked. Keep an eye out for an advertisement in McCall"s wherein you can buy a complete pattern for any of his designs instead of finding all of the back issues for a particular project.

Good luck and feel free to contact me with any questions or comments on GMCAII. Suzanne