View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
caspharm

Originally Posted by caspharm
I just bought an Innova 26" with the Lightening stitch (better stitch regulator-Innova is available with different ones) in August. I love my Innova. It feels substantial without being heavy, it moves nicely, good tech support, good dealer (based in St George, Utah), and the price was not outrageous. It is a self contained system and the bobbin case is the only point that needs oiling. My dealer was also willing to deal a little to match their show price. They will also make house calls for servicing.

I learned to LA at my old LQS on an old Nolting (no SR) and then they switched to a Gammill (again no SR), which always had to wear a diaper due to oil leakage. Gammills are also heavy and pricey. I've also tried the Tin Lizzies and HandiQuilters. I didn't like how they felt compared to the others. Also, when I checked on HandiQuilter in town, I was going to have to bring the head in to the shop for the yearly servicing (per dealer [local]).

You might check on the web to see what machines are availabe used near you. There are different groups like quilting board on line for many of the machines.

I do agree with ckcowl that you should try different brands to see what works best for you and how you want to use the machine (home, business) and the fact that dealer support should be one of the biggest considerations for purchase, regardless of which brand you decide on.
I forgot to mention: the price also included a three day training class.