Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I just got a Necchi Supernova BU. I got it rewired and running, but haven't sewn with it yet. It has all these cam attachments and feet in the neatest accessory case. Wondered if anyone knows anything about this machine?

Texas Jan
Yes, I grew up learning to sew on a Necchi Supernova that looked exactly like this one. I only got to play with a couple of the cams once. I mainly sewed dresses and skirts with the Necchi. So, I can't help you with the cams. It was my mom's machine and she wouldn't let me play with the cams. She had the Supernova from the time that Supernova came out until she decided to buy the new Bernina 830 when it came out. The Necchi was still running very well when she gave it to another woman needing a sewing machine. I liked the Necchi, but I have to agree with my mom that the Bernina stitches better.

I really would need to play with the machine to recall how the machine operates ( been a very very long time).

If one's interests are just straight stitching and piecing, the Singers work beautifully, and I'm very impressed with the Singer 201 and Singer VS2 stitching over the Necchi. Don't get me wrong, Necchi Supernovas are beautiful machines, much better than a Singer 328 which I own, but I like the stitching and how easy it is to repair a Singer.

Enjoy! Great machine! Great find!