View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilter Lois
I am older than rocks (70) and remember
learning to sew in a treadle machine..........
I am 45 and I learned to sew on a treadle machine and I refuse to use anything but!!

I was lucky in growing up when I did and having family that were good old country folks. I remember (and still own) several of the things that you all have been talking about. I am tickled that my kids could experience some of it so that they are well rounded and can appreciate the good old days. My daughter loves my aluminum tumblers that were anodized in all of the neat 50's colors and uses them everyday. I have been working on getting several full sets (different makers) for the last 10 years. Gee wiz I still drive a 1951 Ford for my daily driver for crying out loud LOL!

But you know it is hog boiling season right now and if anyone wants a refresher course on scalding them and rendering the lard feel free to come to my place and we will be doing it in a week or so. And if you want to get any water you have to go to the well to draw it where we do the slaughtering.

Thanks for the memories and I can not wait till my wife gets up tomorrow and reads this thread (1953 model :mrgreen: ) she will love it!!

Billy