Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
Originally Posted by romanojg
Where are you at and I can let you know the stores that I go to? There are some great stores here.
I'm out near Franklin. I know about Quilt With Me (in Suffolk) and Sew-EZ (in Portsmouth, on Airline Blvd). There used to be one out on 460, but it was for sale the last time I was out that way, and Ladybug in Suffolk is long gone.
In Carrolton there is a lovely shop called Bella's. It's just on the other side of the James River Bridge; they have great fabric and thread. I like Aurofil and they have a great variety of it.

IN VA Beach on Kempsriver Rd there is What's Your Stitch N Stuff, I take most of my classes there, it's small but have great things. They have really nice teachers. I'm currently taking my 3rd Civil War Class and the teacher does a lecture each month about things that happened during that time frame. In Chesapeake (close to the hosp) there is The Quilting Bee, in Newport News there is Nancy's Calico Patch, I go there the least. I want to go one day to Williamsburg there are supposed to be some great shops there. I know there is one right by Bush Gardens as well. On Military Hwy there is A Different Touch and there is another one in VA Beach off of Great Neck but not sure of the name. I hope this gives you lots of places to explore. All of these shops have web sites.