View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Rhonda
I have thought about adding my name to the things I make to sell but it would be too time consuming. I make lots of small stuff. I know there are thousands of hotpads I have made over the last 11 years out there. I even had some go to Japan and the Netherlands. So I went international a couple of times! But putting my name on them seems like bragging and with a bookmark being so small and my time so busy I just never did. I like the idea that there are lots of my hotpads and checkbook covers bookmarks etc out there and that people like them. I hope they brighten someone's life.
As far as leaving my kids any -I have done some lap size stuff they either have or will get.
You could always "sign" your small stuff with your initials and the year with a pen used for fabric. It could be really small -- between 1/4-1/2". That way, people will know they weren't made in some "factory" but by loving hands, one at a time....
That is a good idea! I might have to do that. Thanks for the idea. I do have some of those pens here somewhere.