Old 10-31-2011, 05:39 AM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Well my Hubby was at it again yesterday. Went to an estate auction and found this machine. He calls her Frankie and just couldn't leave her. So she is a Franklin and her decals are in really good shape. The cabinet is good except for some pieces missing around two drawer knobs. Which we have extra so can be fixed. The cabinet is solid oak no veneer. Needs a good cleaning but she sews like a dream I have already tried her out.I was sewing straight lines with her and told Hubby to try her out and he sewed a circle around my lines. So he says she can sew circles around any of our other ladies.
I can't keep him away from any auction that says "old" sewing machine in cabinet.
Well here are some of her pictures before cleaning. Too darn cold right now to do that. Were out in the snow yesterday to get her. (She uses a 15X1 needle which is good) Don't know her birthday tho. :-( Need help with that.
Trish you just PM'd me and I answered you about dating this machine using the White dating site! Forget that! I hadn't gotten to your picture yet! Now that I see the machine, this is not a White Franklin. This is one of those rare Franklins made by Davis in 1911! These machine were modeled after Singers 27/127 with elaborate decals. They are very hard to find! This is only the second one I know of here in this shop! Kathie has the other one!

Great find!

Nancy
Thanks for your help Nancy. The manual does say to use Singer 27 needles and shuttle.