View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by GABBYABBY
You are not alone!!! Halloween is the worst holiday!!! It teaches are children nothing about God and everything that is evil. No wonder children are growing up without respect for anything. And they are very selfish.
I see Halloween as a fun tradition where most children just love to play dress-up, get to go outside at nightime (those mysterious hours reserved usually for adults), and get candy. I certainly looked forward to it as a kid (I'm now over 60) and don't consider myself, or others who participated, as being evil. If one night of fun can turn someone evil, then Heaven truly help us. If handled, and surpervised, responsibly then, in MHO, I see no harm.

I've also seen the trend of the extra bag, older kids, and those driven by car from other parts. My method is to get just so much candy and start handing it out promptly (when the local kids are going around). I also insist that the kids say "trick or treat" to keep part of the tradition going with the littlest ones AND insist on a thank you!