View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 AM
romanojg

I personally love this holiday. I have lots of kids and grandkids and none of them have been taught any "evil" from it. Just to have fun and pretend and dress up and go trick or treating. I do not know any person who worships Halloween or practices the witchcraft that could and does exist someplaces. If you follow these practices you don't wait for one day a year to do so.

Things have change since we were young and we do have to be more careful and check the candy and only go in well lit areas but it's still just fun; it's not begging for anything. When a child knocks on my door I do make them say trick or treat and I tell them they are welcome even if they don't thank me. I love to see the costumes and I buy several different types of candy so that really young one gets a sucker instead of something to choke on. I'd love to give out fruit but lets face along with the fact that is alot of money it's also an item that most parents would throw away because it's easily tainted and hard to detect. There are plenty of holidays where everyone just wants to have fun and their isn't anything wrong with that. It's up to parents to make sure kids know its just having fun. I'm really happy that my kids and grandkids love it so much. I hope tonight while everyone is out gathering thier stash they have lots of fun and stay safe.