Thread: Eleanor Burns
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 AM
selm

Originally Posted by MargeD
I love Eleanor Burns. She has given me new information about some American history, and her patterns are very clear and easy to follow. I think she's a role model for all women. Her husband left her with 2 small children to raise and she has worked long and hard to become such a good quilt teacher. She teaches us to quilt and she adds humor to all she does. How could you not like her?
I love her too. My first EB quilt in a Day was a trip around the world. In the beginning of the book she gave credit to her ex-husband for finding the methods she/her company uses to streamline quilt making. I found that refreshing. After making that quilt I attended a weekend retreat where she taught a class. She was a good teacher and so nice, making sure all in the class got to have a picture with her if they wanted it. She autographed everyone's book(Day and Night) that we were working from. I even bought a machine that she autographed. She is a hoot, especially at her trunk show. Her voice just makes me smile(unlike Julia Child who I couldn't stand). She has many good quilting tips and techniques.