View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
MacThayer

Originally Posted by sewing4kix
I have a Janome 6600P and was told by my repairman that I needed to wind my thread around the round feeder on the top of my machine 2x before adding the bobbin for winding. He told me that the extra tension it provided would make a tighter wound bobbin and that would prevent it from unwinding and causing a tangled mess underneath. Hope this helps you out.
I certainly would have been happy to try that on my cheap Brother! It seemed like the thread being wound onto the bobbin was always too loose. I can't tell you how many time I had to take a seam ripper to a bobbin and tear off all the thread and start over. Won't help me now as I've spent so much on repairs on that cheap thing that I've surpassed (in 10 months!) what I originally paid for the machine, and now I'm trying to get my money back. Guess what the problem was that finally brought me down? The bobbin locked up so badly, with fabric in place, that I had to cut the fabric away, and just leave it. I can't move the needle up or down, or get the bobbin out. It's just stuck. And I just paid $89 to get the exact problem fixed, got it home, and didn't even make it through a 10" block before it did it again. Enough! Time for a Janome!