View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM
wildyard

Gosh Rae, you make wonderful things and use beautiful fabrics. I don't have a longarm and know I never will. All that fancy quilting is not in my future because I can't afford to send anything out. Heck, I can barely afford to hit the thrift stores as much as I do, and certainly not as much as I'd like to, for adding to my stash.
But I just see that as one of the things that are a condition of my quilting and life. Like having steak every night, lol, it's not going to happen. I'm not going to let that take the joy out of the bean soup and cornbread tho, no way!!!
I do simple straight line and outline quilting on my regular sewing machine and I am happy with it. No one complains when I give them a quilt; not one single person!
Learning the quilt as you go techniques is a great suggestion as it makes things much easier.
Holding you close in my heart that you will be able to close your eyes to the things that you can't have so they don't steal your joy and pleasure from the things you do have and that you will be able to open your heart and mind once again to the fun and creativity to be found in the quilting we all so dearly love. Hugsssssss and peace for you, Linda