Old 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by DonnaC
Is there a reliable website that shows the differences between the old Singers? I'm driving myself nuts trying to pick out a vintage machine. I did receive some responses about the Singer 128, but I'm not sure how it differs from the Singer 99K and would like to look that up.

I understand that some of you have extraordinary luck picking up these machines for $50 or less, but I assure you, there haven't been any in my area for a long, long time... that's why I'm looking on eBay.
Miriam asked some really good questions... I can tell you that I love my 28K (pretty much the same as a 128, a bit older). Mine is a handcrank, and I ABSOLUTLY love that about it! (No, it's not difficult to use or to guide the fabric!)

If you buy the machine, make double sure that it has the shuttle and bobbin... they aren't terribly hard to find, BUT! They're expensive. I think you should do what feels best to you!
I agree with Charlee, that you should do what feels best for your needs and wants.

Don't mind me posting CLs postings. I just love to wander the listings when bored finding good or interesting deals- even if others aren't interested since that isn't what they are really looking for.

I would look for a Singer 15-90 with external motor that could be used for FM quilting and piecing, and could be converted to treadle later if going that direction. And the harp space is large.

Have fun hunting!