Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 AM
veryvirginia

Good question. Has anybody tried using thin sheets of acrylic that can be found in hardware stores. It can be cut by hand with a sharp blade. Since I want a purse that I can throw in the washer and dryer from time to time I like the idea of something that can be covered and removed when I need to and is reusable when a new purse is needed.
Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
I have been using plastic canvas in the bottom of my purses to help make it sturdy. I ran out and can't find what I have here somewhere. My question is, what else can I use for this??? I need to get these finished.

I got one from a friend. She used cardboard. I don't want to use that. I knew what would happen when I washed it. I washed it Sat. and it happened. That cardboard misshaped and went into a ball. I got it out. So I'll fix another insert for that one also.

I hate driving an hour just for some plastic canvas. Hopefully I can find it. It's in a tote somewhere. But thought maybe there was something else I could use or buy later that might be better than plastic canvas.