View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 AM
fidgety

Originally Posted by MostlyMaja
I showed my husband your new material. It always worries him when I spend money on sewing supplies. A 1/2 off sale. Who could resist. How long will all that last you. I mean about how many quilts is that do you guess. Yeah, you can store it in my house if you run out of room at yours!!!!! Did you make that doily in the picture? I have made a lot of those, too. I love 'em.
Well if i do what my intention is with it, ( 10 minute block quilts) it wont last long. lol.. One of the backings already has a purpose, ( which I need to get going on ) but the other 3 well there were just because . lol..
As for the doily. No I id not make that one. My mother used to crochet all the time, then she lost most of her sight from macular degeneration so, she started crocheting with 2 strands of bedspread weight cotton. She could feel this better than with one. She made this one. I still have some she made when she could see and they are in my cedar chest. I will hand them down to my grandchildren when the time comes.