View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 AM
grammatjr

Default the new QB - some members are unhappy, and...

I see some people are leaving - shame on them! We haven't really given this a chance yet! You won't find anything better out there. I know becuase yesterday, while the QB was down, I wandered looking for something else to read, and found several chat groups - and NONE of them compare at all to what we have here on the QB.

Yes, I have been a little thrown by the changes, but I know with a little searching I can probably find all that was on here before, and maybe a few new things too!

I think we should all appreciate the hard work that the Administrators do everyday, to make it a place that is enjoyable and informative for us all. I am sure that the changes took alot longer than the few hours the QB was down. There were probably hundreds of hours prep before the implementation.

There was probably reasons that the changes were made. Often when there is a big change to something, it is becuase something no longer supports the software, or our needs have outgrown the capacity of the server - something. I know for sure that the reason they made the change was NOT to discourage or lose members. What ever the reason - it was done with the best of intentions to make the QB even better!

I know I would be very hurt if I put my heart and soul into something, then had it stomped all over without someone even giving it a chance. I remember when I started on the old board, I had a hard time finding some things I would hear talked about. But, Admin & other members were always helpful, and soon I could navigate quite easily. It didn't really take long. I am sure this will be the same way. We just need to play around a bit!

Let's all take a breath, vow to play around with the new board, and not make any hasty decisions! I haven't played much yet, so it may be here, but one suggestion (if Admin is reading this) - is the front page - at least for now - should maybe have a comparison between old and new to make navigation easier on us old timers! Thanks. I do see there is a Help page with alot of this info already. Maybe just add a little and move it to the front so it is more noticible.