Old 11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
DebbyT

I went to my first Quilt show in Ohio in April. I took a large sturdy tote bag that I can hook over my shoulder to keep hands free. I used this for purchases, water bottle, and camera. I used a fanny pack for wallet. I did buy a large assortment of fat quarters and ended up with another bag, but I bought them before I finished for the day. The show I was at had signs on quilts that were restricted from taking photos. Most of those were Baltimore style quilts, and they were grouped mostly in the same area. I did see a quilt at a vender booth and asked permission to photograph, and she said 'sure'. When I shopped the vendors, I started at one end and worked to the other. The best was at the end, so get there early and plan to be there as long as you can. I had a budget, so I went through and kept cards of those I wanted to return to, with their location #. I went 2 different days, Thursday and Sunday. I went with a friend who invited me to stay at her house and we had a ball. Enjoy. This was my first and I am hooked.