View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 04:01 AM
nanna-up-north

Got it done!! I did take out the black.... it really wasn't that difficult..... just time consuming. Then I re-appliqued the black, re-stitched the 'eye' and re-quilted the lines that went through the black.

When I bought that fabric, it felt too silky.... like it had too much polyester in it. But I needed the black and that was the only black they had... and it was the end of the bolt. There wasn't any information on the cardboard that the fabric was wrapped around and I ask the person working that day about it. She didn't know anything about it and the owner wasn't there. It's a small shop.... closest to me when I'm in the UP of Michigan. When I took it back, the LQS owner told me she had the same thing happen on a quilt she was making but when the problem was discovered, the fabric was gone and there wasn't any way of knowing who had purchased it. She told me that when she called the company she had purchased it from they said they weren't selling any more fabric until they found out what had happened. I still don't know what the problem was......

So, I've learned a valuable lesson.... DON'T BUY FABRIC THAT DOESN'T HAVE INFORMATION ON THE BOLT!!!