Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 AM
dirty1mom

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
Got some "before" pictures of the WW9. I had her on the table, so my chairs show in the background. I have hurt my shoulder and the Dr says not to pick anything heavy up. (makes it difficult) The seller thinks that she was the personal sewing machine of his grandmother. Her name was Elizabeth, so that will be the name the WW9 will have. Should get more info hopefully from her seller after he talks with his family more. She was seized up last night and wouldn't turn a bit. I oiled the heck out of her and she is turning fine this morning. Love these old machines !!!

Texas Jan
Wow, poor machine. I am sure you will be able to clean and shine her up again. She looks almost as bad as the machine I brought home last Friday afternoon. I can't even tell what brand it is. The treadle cabinet is in bad shape - missing the top piece of wood (cover). It is a straight leg - legs made of wood instead of iron. Hope I can fix it up, but with the holidays comming it will probably get stuffed in the attic til after the first of the year. Oh, well.