View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 AM
BKrenning

I would gut my current sewing room (formerly a large guest room) and design it with a larger fold out cutting surface, roll up design wall like a projector screen, & more overhead lighting. I all ready have a mid-arm & frame and the room is big but things just aren't laid out in an optimal design. I move it around but due to the lack of lighting & electrical outlets in certain areas and closet doors all along 1 wall, it just doesn't work like I want it to. I have to use extension cords & power strips to get power where I need it and I've got a big, honking corner desk that is now on my "get it outta here list". I would like my day job stuff back up stairs or in the garage but but hubby has his hobby stuff (and dust collecting exercise equipment in those areas).

I can't do without my stash or rulers. I even take projects on vacation with me. Drives hubby & the kids crazy when they have to make room in the vehicle for fabric, sewing machine, rulers, and a little cutting board. Hey, if the boy can take his X-box--I can take my stuff, too!