Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM
aorlflood

Default Vintage quilt rescued from the thrift store...

Last Saturday DH & I were out "thrifting" when I found this quilt. It was very yellowed from old storage stains and looked like it possibly may have even had some water stains. It was picked up by 2 other people and rejected by both before I finally got my hands on it. When I picked it up, the other 2 people turned up their noses and said "it's stained".

But I know better! I've bought lots of vintage linens in my lifetime and I know a nice Oxi-Clean soak does wonders!

This is what the quilt looks like now after soaking overnight. It is full-sized, all hand embroidered and hand quilted. There is no label but in the doorway of the house, in blue permanent marker, is written "The Hammill's".

I don't know who made this, but it is now in my home and on my bed. Yes, it is small for my queen-sized bed, but we don't care....It's got 3 other quilts underneath it so it's more of a "covering"! There are no pulled threads or popped stitches and looks like it has never been used before!
Attached Thumbnails quilt.jpg   quilt-closeup2.jpg   quilt-closeup1.jpg   quilt-closeup3.jpg   quilt-border.jpg