View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
AnotherMadQuilter

Default New From Michigan

Hi there. Just joined today after lurking here for the past week. So many helpful people/posts here that I had to join! I have been married for over 37 years, raised 3 boys and a girl, and now help with 10 (11 next March) grandkidlets. My grandma was a quilter and I helped her cut out blocks using a cardboard template and scissors. She let me help sew squares together also. I quilted my first quilt for my daughter (basinnet sized) and made her a couple doll quilts. I really got into quilting about 3 years ago when I decided I wanted to repair quilts she had made and given me and my kids. I discovered that fixing a quilt is harder than doing 1 from scratch! I didn't know anything about "real" quilting so took a class. That taught me enough to begin my repair projects. Now I've made many quilts the largest being a "memory" quilt that is 110 x 110 inches and consists of blocks with special events embroidered on them. Such as our wedding date, children's date of births, their kids births...up to the first 7 anyway. Gotta figure out how to keep adding grandkids info . I am working on a quilt now using a modified dissapearing 4 patch pattern. I also do other sewing such but I don't care to do many garmets though I do make the occasional requested item. Everything else is fair game.
I have been a Michigander most of my life but did live a few of my teen years in Orchard, CO. I love to camp, read, and hang out with family. I hope to learn lots of stuff here to help me quilt.