Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by juliea9967 View Post
My biggest problem with quilting is picking out the fabrics. I agonize over it for days on end before I finally come up with what "I think" I want, and that still doesn't mean I will be happy with it. Sometimes I am and sometimes I am not. I have only done one Mystery Quilt, and picking fabric out for that was even worse, cause I had no idea where the different colors were going to go. Other than that, it was fun, and the quilt turned out really nice.
I did my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt (Roll, Roll, Cotton Bowl) last year. I used Bonnie's colors that she listed and it came out beautiful. I'm doing the same this year! Her colors are Red, Blue, Black and a light neutral. She said the neutral can be one piece of fabric, or scrappy lights whatever you like. You have a week to do each section - new clues come out each Friday starting November 18th. I had a ball doing this last year. I got behind, and did not finish until the end of January, but that is OK! You just work at your own pace. Just be sure to print out the instructions for the next step each week. Go for it, you'll love it! The instructions will be on her web site until next May.