View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:59 AM
mo-rie

Question Hand Cranks: 99k vs. 128/128k?

I was all set to go pick up my 99k from a guy on CL last weekend. I called Friday evening to confirm and get his address. I receive a text back that the machine was sold to someone else for the full asking price (he accepted my best offer, as the machine had been listed for well over a month.). We had been talking for a period of two weeks, getting our schedules to mesh so he knew I was still serious about this! I was devastated! I told him he did me wrong and should have called me, saying that another buyer was willing to pay full price and would I be willing to pay more? I would have, believe me! I really wanted that machine!

So now I am on a mission to find another hand crank. There are a couple of 128's on CL with pretty decals, one is only $120. The 99k's on ebay are expensive! I like the thought of a class 66 bobbin which will play well with my 503. Does anyone have both? I have never used a shuttle bobbin so I am a little uneasy about that? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks so much!