Thread: Secrets Box
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Default Secrets Box

Hi everyone,

Here's a little something I came up with for a Christmas workshop I'm giving in a couple of weeks - it was originally going to be a tree hanging decoration but when I began to join the units together, I though it was so cute as a little box that I changed my mind! I made six blocks in the Secret Garden variation of Cathedral windows then whipstitched them together. The base block, I put the 'flower' inside - as a 'secret'! It's all hand sewn and took me a couple of hours in total. I think next time, I'll include a square of Fast2Fuse behind each block to give it a bit more stiffness. The theme of my workshop is bowls and mats so this will ft in nicely I think - it's just a little extra for the over-achievers if they finish everything else! What do you all think? I thought it would make a lovely Christmas gift filled with sweets or bath pearls and could then be used for storing rings and things! Even as a little hand sewing box - threads and thimble in side and needles stuck in the lid!

Attached Thumbnails secrets-box.jpg   imgp1962.jpg   imgp1961.jpg