Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Derla

[QUOTE=Ohio Star Quilter;4628879]
Originally Posted by Derla View Post
There are way too many posts on this forum to read them all, so this may be a repeat. My husband bought me a vintage sewing machine at an estate sale for $30. It is a Necchi, made in Italy, Model BU. She really purrs like a kitten. There are lots of different feet for it - but no manual. I've not been able to check the stitch as I'm not sure how to thread it. From the little I've been able to find on the Internet about it -- I'm thinking he did good. But it seems there are 3 different kinds of Model BU and I'd like to get it ID'd accurately so I can look for the right manual. Can anyone give me a link to get it ID'd, please?[/QUOT

There is a Yahoo group you can join called Necchi sewing Machine club. It is a group for Italian made Necchis. They have manuals you can download and lots of information. You can get any questions answered there to. It also has a good file on cleaning the insides of the machine.
You got a good buy. I got a Necchi BU Mira and cabinet on Freecycle. Cleaned it all up and rewired it. I love it.
Judy
Thankyou - without the PM from you I would never have seen this message. I will try to find the Yahoo group you mentioned as I do have a lot of questions. I have no idea if I'm using this new forum the right way -- hope I don't really goof up the whole system.