View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Yosamitesa

Beautiful quilt! OK...here we go...if you like the lavendar you have and you like how it looks then use it. Since it is going to be a quilt for you and a memory of your mom, then you need to use the colors you like/love and will enjoy looking at. That being said...personally, I would use a tan, brown, black or gray to make a think border first then use the lavendar as a little bit wider border. That way you have a little bit of a distinction. I agree not to tie it. If you enjoy hand quilting, then by all means take the time and enjoy it (make sure you have a good thimble...I learned the hard way) and make it yours. Picking a design to quilt on something that amazing can be hard. You could do simple and do diagonal lines, you could do wavy lines, you could do hearts in some of the squares, you could do a bigger heart to join the 4 patches. The sky is the limit. What does the quilt say to you? Listen to the quilt and your heart and follow it. Do what you will love and cherish!!! Enjoy and please keep us updated on what you do.