View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
OnTheGo

Hi Rebecca, It's so easy. I used a foam pillow..not too full, but you could use any kind. I just sewed the sweater to a plain peice of woven fabric and made it like a pillow case, closing both ends. I crocheted a chain and pulled it through 2 rows of the sweater knit at the top center of pillow and positioned them diagonally. Then I pulled each end through 2 rows of the sweater knit at the bottom and tied a knot and tied a glass bead on the end. The two bookmarks are made from one piece of 4 ply knitting yarn ( the same that I chained) that I ran through the same hole at the top and I tied a bead on each at the end to give it some weight. I had to ravel something I had started many years ago to get the small amt. of maroon yarn, so that's why it's so curly.

I saw one similar in a Betty Crocker catalog a few years ago. It was a square pillow and they used ribbons to hold the pages. I don't remember if it had a bookmark.

I ride with a pillow in my lap. It's like my riding desk. I need to make one that will hold my book open now.