View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Default My best quilt ... so far

This is a baby quilt made entirely in batiks, frayed edge applique, I call it "Circles of Love". I know batiks are not great frayers, but since it is a baby quilt, I expect it to be washed often for many years, so figured batiks would stand up to such wear and tear better than a thinner fabric. It was spectacularly successful as a show-stopper at the baby shower, and I could have made a fortune making more of these for others there. But I don't have time, besides, I'm busy making the doll quilt to go with it for little Miss Emily, who is due in four weeks - it will be her first Christmas present from me.

I found this pattern by googling 'circle quilts', it is a tutorial a true and generous quilting goddess put up for her friend - I especially liked that she didn't measure the circle spacing, just eyeballed it, so some pieces match after being quartered and re-sewn, some don't - makes it much more interesting and fun for Emily as she grows ... now after I finish the doll quilt might take the rest of the batiks and make one for myself!
Attached Thumbnails circles-love-quilt.jpg