Thread: Paper Piecing
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM
tanzanita

Default Addicted to Paper Piecing also

Originally Posted by SLHughes View Post
I have now found another new addiction. Paper Piecing!!! Wow, I didn't realize how much fun it is and so easy. I took my very first class in it last week and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone else out there really enjoy paper piecing? If so do you know of any great sites to go to for easy patterns for paper piecing??

I cant wait to finish my first project and will post a pic later when completed.
When my quilting teacher taught me how to paper piece I hated it, but when I got home I was determined to finish the project and did. But I still hated it. Then I found a project that I wanted to do and it was paper pieced so I tried it again and I fell it love with that process. I just
finished a quilt for my son and his wife that was a combination of applique and paper pieced blocks. They were thrilled with it. Also I"ve
found out that some of the traditional blocks can be made into a paper pieced pattern. I had a lot of fun making up some patterns for that quilt. I'm not good at doing the 1/4" seam and paper piecing keeps everything accurate.