View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Kitsie

Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
I have just spent some time on my profile page making it blue and yellow (cream). I love being able to do that.

This board is now more like every other forum board I've been on in the last several years.

For everyone having trouble with the white pages have you scrolled to the bottom of the page and made sure on the left hand side it says Default style and not Mobile style???

I understand how if the only forum one ever had experience with was the former Quilting Board set-up this is a shock. I just have to wonder if when they first came to the former QB didn't they have to learn their way around?
Did they automatically just visit or join and then magically know how to use the old one? I suspect the answer is No.

I'd give a million dollars if change was not a part of life and it gets harder as one gets older.

I don't care if this is just a V-Bulletin or E-Bulletin or LeFlora etc board it takes time to get the kinks worked out and every forum has different needs. I've got news for everyone as the changes occur to make things better (based on complaints/suggestions) that Patrice has received there will be more changes. In order to incorporate improvements the forum has to be tweaked.

Guess what...EVERYONE will NEVER be happy. If someone wants to pack up their toys and go home as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

This forum does not exist because of one member but many. This forum is not centered around one member it's goal is to reach many. If one chooses to leave it will go on. I know Patrice and all the other mods are doing the best they can. I'd like to see someone take their place. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

I have one more thing to address...from past experience at work...you can never be prepared for a change in computer upgrades. We were always warned, prepared and trained and it still was hard. So I have to disagree with some of the comments!

Sending choclate thoughts to Patrice and all the other mods...
Hear, Hear!! Found a new improved FAQ site and printed it out - now I've lost it again!! But just a good example of how are needs are being listened to.