View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sgardner View Post
Thank you! The manual is so dry to read, and it really isn't set up like a class would be, leading you through a complete project. I'd like to see you take a block or two you've made, first show how you made it, and then show how to put it together in a quilt. That way, we could play with the blocks we've already been making to see how they will look in a final project, with borders and such to tie them all together.

I confess I've had EQ7 for months, but really haven't scratched the surface at all for how to use it, and any help you could give would be loads better than doing this on my own.
Well I plan to go over the basics and lead everyone through a few simple projects and then move up to the next levels. I will be using quilt blocks and quilts to give you something to practice on as you learn new ways of manipulating the program. So yes I will be showing how to make my quilt blocks the way I do farther down the road. Since we need to start at the beginning and cover several things along the way it will be a bit before we get into all the ways you can create quilt blocks and turn them into quilts. I haven't really set up a schedule yet for what will be taught when. I need to do that. That is why I wanted all the feedback to help me make sure I cover everything I can. I am by no means an expert on EQ but I have used mine alot and can navigate most of it. But there are still a lot of things I dont know. I just got my EQ7 Thurs and I haven't had time to do alot of looking at it yet. What I have seen I think I can figute out most of it to share with you all. We shall see!!! LOL