View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 PM
abdconsultant

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post

I stopped screaming during the beta tests.
Ok. I will admit there are some things that will never thrill me. I'm human, so I have my own set of quirks and preferences.

BUT we have so many things here we didn't have before.
On top of that, there are more ways in which I, as CM, can help members with problems that i couldn't help with before.

That's one reason the help docs are so slow in coming. I am clearing a backlog of help requests behind the scenes. (That should not be mistaken for a complaint. it's simply an explanation.)

I am convinced that, over time, I personally get over my own minor peeves. There are just too many positives for me to end up feeling otherwise.

We are safer here than we were before. We have new toys to play with.

The developers are very sensitive to a few of our needs, in particular. The color scheme - as it effects members with vision issues - is one of them. Our health and welfare is a top priority. The smaller things will just have to wait. They have already increased the default font size and changed the stark white to a soft cream. They will do what they can to improve things further for our special needs members.
-----------------------------------

Odd that you overlook the fact that we didn't have an ignore feature before.
------------------------------------

The developers have poured themselves into this project. They beat their brains out. They worked overtime - at least once all the way 'round the clock. They sacrificed weekends.

And ... yes ... they have read some of the horrible, vicious, selfish and downright smelly things some of you have posted.

I would say I'm embarrassed and ashamed. But I won't.

Instead, I will extend my heartfelt gratitude to the members who are slogging through our period of adjustment with grace and generosity. You are the true representatives of our community. I am proud to be among you and proud to call you "family".
I don't mind the change, the board looks better. I hope you will find it easier to manage the community as a whole. I'm anxious for resolve regarding the availibility of the swap activity link and the suspension of the mass communications between participants.