View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Nanamoms

Hi, Patrice, I was just over on one of my Yahoo Groups (sewing group) and the site had a soft white background. So I tried to determine what made it easier to read than the new color here. 2 things I noticed: (1) there was not as much BLANK space and (2) the "tool bars" so to speak were on the left side going down and the background in this area was a soothing light blue. The right hand side vertically also was in the same soothing blue. In order words, the blue gave a "entrance" and "exit" to the page as you read left to right (if I explained it correctly.) Also as we know ads make the groups possible. What I liked about the QB before was most of the ads were geared to quilting/sewing or even when a topic got a little "OT", the ad was appropriate to topic (which sometimes scared us...Big Brother is watching!!)

Anyway, as the Developers do things to work out the kinks and since they've already slightly changed the background colors, I thought this might give them a little more insight. Working in banking and accounting, a very soft white and pale green and pale yellow are the best colors to reduce eye strain. Just think of the colors that legal pads come in!! And the colors of journals when we had to do spreadsheets by hand!! FYI, I spent about 30 minutes on the yahoo group and about 10 minutes here so far and within 5 minutes of changing sites my eyes started hurting and became very blurry.