View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 AM
GGJudy

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize those who voiced negative comments about the new board. Many of the quilters are grandma's and great grandma's and have not had a lot of computer experience. In fact, I am the only one in the great grandma category amid my friends that even knows how to or is willing to use the computer. (My business background gave me good computer knowledge). My husband only knows to pull the plug if the computer needs to be turned off.

I didn't read any "cruel" negative comments, but then they were deleted before I really went through too many. People can say very negative things if they feel they are losing something that was important to them and I'm sure they wouldn't even bother if they didn't care.

I was surprised that the board made changes to this degree when so many quilters are not that computer savvy. I applaud those of you who are working through it, and feel genuinely sorry for those quilters that will probably be lost because of the change. Hopefully they will return.