View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Dooneygone

Default Whew! What a year in quilting!

What a fast year. Last October, I became interested in quilting. I did a lot of research on the internet, bought magazines and joined this quilt group once I got started. What a godsend this group has been. Anyways, since then....after a period of procastination for fear of failing, I plunged into quilting and have not stopped yet.

I have made 7 quilts from my own designs, plus a queen-size tee-shirt quilt for my granddaughter and a king-size butterfly quilt for our guest room. But best of all, someone heard through the grapevine that I was quilting and recommended me to a neighbor who wanted a "polo-shirt" quilt made for a gift for someone. So I am now officially "in the business of quilting".

My husband has been soooo supportive, helping me take over 1/2 of our finished basement, setting up four long tables, but most importantly making them all even by building one up the sewing machine table and sinking my new Brother 1500 into it, so now I have a huge even workspace.

I started out with 2 machines, a port Kenmore, console White. I purchased a Brother 1500 S with a big throat and of all my blessings, I was in Goodwill at the right time and was first in line to purchase a console Singer in mint condition from 1940 which will sew through anything. Best part of all was that it was $9.99. What a thrill. We took it home, polished it up and its perfect!

I can't believe it....last year I could "hardly spell quilter and now, I are one". haha. Thanks for this group and advice through it. It has really helped me.