Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
QuiltingKrazy

Default Looking for a goodCathedral Window tutorial...

Hey Y'all,

I watched Fons & Porter this morning and they did a show on the Cathedral Window Quilt.
I have always thought that was way to hard to even attempt! So I have never even searched to see how it is done. After watching the show today, (thank you PBS) I discovered it isn't near as hard as I thought.
I quickly went to the sewing room to try a sample of it. Not to shabby for first quick try but....

When folding my corners over to meet in the middle they didn't come up near as even as they should have. Then I was sure what size to cut the center square up focus fabric.

If you have or know of a good tutorial, with pictures would be nice, please let me know.
OR if you have close up photos of one you have made that would be great too! if you wouldn't mind
sharing. I did a search here but didn't come up with much, that I could find anyway.

Also learned today, that when working with WHITE fabric, DON'T PRICK YOUR FINGER with the needle or you might bleed on it! Yep! I did and good thing it was only a test square! lol